Thank you for purchasing a new Simmons® mattress. Your mattress is designed and manufactured to provide you with high quality sleep for many years into the future.
Warning: Not following the below guidelines for supporting your new mattress may result in damage that will void your warranty.
Using the mattress with a support system that includes a foundation (“box spring”):
Use a new foundation, or a supportive, rigid, non-yielding foundation; your old foundation may not provide enough support for new products.
Metal Frames: For any full size or larger metal frame beneath your foundation, use a frame that provides rigid center support with leg(s) that extends to the floor, as well as support for the head, foot, and sides.
Wooden/Platform Frames: For any full size or larger frame that does not have a metal center support, you must use at least five (5) 1” x 4” hardwood or metal slats and add leg supports that extend to the floor below the center of the three (3) center slats.
Examples of Adequate Bed Frames:
Using the mattress with a support system without a foundation (e.g. platform bed):
Support systems with slats spaced LESS than 2” apart must include a head-to-foot lengthwise center support with at least one centrally-located leg that extends to the floor.
Support systems with slats spaced MORE than 2” apart must include a solid wooden, plastic, or similarly rigid surface between the mattress and slats to bridge the spaces, and a head-to-foot lengthwise center support with at least one centrally-located leg that extends to the floor.
Any support system that does not fit within the above descriptions must at minimum provide a rigid platform with adequately distributed supports extending to the floor. Determination of whether a support system is adequate is at the sole discretion of Serta Simmons Bedding.
The use of any platform that lacks support as outlined above may result in damage to your mattress that will void your warranty.
For all adjustable foundations, please see the owner’s manual for required safety, support, and warranty coverage.
- If you need to move your mattress, carton or bag it, carry it on its side to avoid damage. If you store the mattress, it must be laid flat to avoid shifting of the comfort layers.
- Do not fold, stand or jump on the product as damage can occur.
- Do not use cleaning fluids or any type of fabric protection application on your mattress; it may damage some of the materials. The only acceptable spot cleaning method is to apply baking soda to the soiled area, let it stand about 15 minutes, vacuum, and repeat as needed. Air the product out as must as possible.
- DO NOT remove the mattress cover, even if it has a zipper. If the mattress cover is removed, the warranty is voided.
- Do not remove or discard labels. These labels serve as a means of identification to establish your warranty rights. If you choose to remove the labels, keep them in a safe place.
- Let your new sleep set “air” as long as possible upon removal from its plastic packaging.
- DO NOT SMOKE IN BED OR USE OPEN FLAMES (e.g. candles, lighters, matches) ON OR NEAR YOUR BED. Your mattress is not fire-proof. In addition, sheets, blankets and other bedding can ignite and burn rapidly when exposed to open flames.
- We reserve the right to refuse service and void the warranty if the mattress or foundation is in an unsanitary condition, if the mattress of foundation has evidence of damage from liquid penetration or use of cleaning fluids, or whenever the product failure is caused by factors other than defective workmanship or materials.
Limited Warranty Coverage
- Your Simmons® mattress used with proper support is protected by a limited manufacturer’s warranty if purchased from an authorized retailer. The limited warranty covers manufacturing defects in your Simmons® mattress or foundation including faults in materials and workmanship.
- Replacement of one piece due to manufacturing defect does not automatically result in the replacement of any other piece, even if purchased as a set. Discontinued products will be replaced with one of comparable quality and value. Replacement of any part of the sleep system does not include the limited warranty or begin a new warranty period.
- This limited warranty is offered by Serta Simmons Bedding, having its place of business at 2550 Meadowvale Blvd., Unit #1, Mississauga, Ontario.
- This limited warranty is provided to the original purchaser and is not transferable. The warranty begins at the original date of purchase. Please retain your purchase receipt to verify date of purchase.
EXCLUSIONS (after 100-Day Trial)
- Mattress of foundation damaged by misuse or abuse
- Mattresses used with an inadequate foundation and/or support system
- Bed height & mattress weight preferences/Normal body impression(s) as indicated by the warranty code (see chart)
- Normal changes in the feel or recovery period associated with foam and latex materials over time.
- Burns, cuts or tears in the fabric
- Firmness/comfort feel
- Bent perimeter border rods in the mattress in innerspring models or grid wires in the foundation damaged by misuse including but not limited to, moving or bending the sleep set.
- Vermin infestations
- Mattresses or foundations displaying staining or soiling that reasonably indicates the presence of potentially dangerous bodily fluids, blood borne pathogens or other substances that could cause injury or disease
- Products used in a non-residential, commercial or institutional setting
- Bedding sold “as is” or “floor model/sample,” or bedding purchased from second-hand parties or non- retail establishments
- Any accessory products, including but not limited to, adjustable or motion foundations (see owner’s manual for details on warranty coverage), sleep tracking systems or pillows
- Claims on products located outside Canada
- Any transportation, inspection or removal expenses
The warranty coverage runs from the original date of purchase. Replacement of the mattress or foundation does not extend its limited warranty or begin a new limited warranty period. Your warranty period is based on the code printed on your law label as indicated on the Warranty Code Chart below.
The duration of any applicable implied warranties, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, shall not exceed the term of this limited warranty. (Some provinces, including Quebec, do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so this limitation may not apply to you.) We shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages that result from the use of your Simmons® product. (Some provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so this exclusion may not apply to you.) No expressed or implied warranties are extended to persons who purchase the product from anyone other than the manufacturer or its authorized dealers, and all warranties to such persons, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness, are hereby excluded.
Warranty code chart
|Type of Mattress||Warranty Code on Law Label||Total Limited Warranty||Period for “No” charge except transportation||Normal Body Impression|
|8" Memory Foam in a Box||A||10 years||10 years||1.5" or less|
|8" Hybrid in a Box||A||10 years||10 years||1.5" or less|
|“Sleep GoalZZZ” flat-shipped||B||1 year||1 year||.75" or less|
|“Comfort VibeZZZ” flat-shipped||A||10 years||10 years||1.5" or less|
|“Sleep ThrillZZZ” flat-shipped||A||10 years||10 years||1.5" or less|
- If your Simmons® mattress or foundation fails due to a manufacturing defect, the exclusive remedy under this warranty will be replacement of the defective product. If the Simmons® product you purchased is discontinued at the time of replacement, a current model of comparable quality and value will be selected.
- To receive service under the terms of this warranty contact your original Simmons® dealer. If your original dealer is no longer in business or you have moved outside the service area, please contact Simmons® Customer Service at cancustomerservice@SertaSimmons.com or 1-833-386-9997.
- If you opened a warranty claim through your dealer and are dissatisfied with the outcome, please contact Simmons® Customer Service at cancustomerservice@SertaSimmons.com or 1-833-386-9997.
- A copy of original bill of sale is needed to determine original date of purchase. Model name label and law label must be provided to identify the bedding and validate its warranty.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER Provincial LAW:
- This warranty gives you specific rights, you may have other rights which vary from province to province.